Hardstyle (Critisize Me :D) Hardstyle (Critisize Me :D)

Contemporary lol

Reminds me of some artist that my friend showed me a while back... but it's irrelevant lol.

let's see... This all sounds really neat, and simple to the ear, i really like the vocals. I think your style is really starting to show through here, in its raw form. I would try adding some... you know what? Nah, i actually like it the way it is... If you change it, it'll ruin its pristine simplicity. I could totally see people wanting to rave to this in a club or something haha.

ShadowsOfLight responds:

Hahah hell yeah xD Thats what my fiance said, this song got her into hardstyle haha

_/Feel the Beat\_ _/Feel the Beat\_

The intro...

was amazing, it sent tingles down my spine.

I can't really ask you to change anything cuz it's amazing. I love that little whistle thing you used as a lead.

You really paid close attention to this song, and it shows through brilliantly, I'd dance to this at a club lol

10/10 5/5 Great Job mate :D

ShootingStar responds:

Haha :) Wow :D Thanks for the review! :)

ShootingStar

All Caught Up {WIP v1} All Caught Up {WIP v1}

Personally I don't like reviewing WIP's...

Let's see... It lost my attention, badly, like I almost fell asleep.

It's a very basic template. Like very very basic. Kick/Hat/Clap/Bass/Chord Block/Lead. Try adding some stuff that would make me say "hey that's bad ass", like automation clips perhaps.

I'm emailing you the song I was planning on finishing for you. Do you hear how after the vocals a synth sweeps in to almost "replace" the voice? and then I added some glitch effects and filtering to the voice? I also am in love with distortion, so i'm sure you could hear a lot of that.

The instruments you use tend to be mundane, and very Korg R3 Keyboardy. I don't even use a keyboard in my stuff xD

Maybe after you add your distortion and leads, it'll sound better, but I would

A) change the beat up
B) Change the chord structure up
C) Pick different instruments, or edit them
D) Be sure to choose a very "bossy" lead. Something that's in your face D:<!!!!

Oh and of course syncing needs to be fixed, but since you used a keyboard i could understand.

%u266A Aeris %u266A

ShadowsOfLight responds:

Hahaha yeah for a 4am mix it sounded great at first. I will definitely fix it! Thanks! I've got a lot of work to do regarding other things. Making songs isn't really that easy anymore x\

_/Lost Temple\_ _/Lost Temple\_

This is really good

And something you definitely have on this site is quantity and history haha, as the guy 3 down from me has said, I would fix the mid freq's a bit. Maybe try adding some solid chord blocks to create a healthy foundation.

Another thing is to try lowering your Master Volume a bit or controlling your Mixer, cuz it clips in some places (1:10 especially).

You definitely have some nice style happening here though, It'd be pretty awesome to see you stretch out of your comfort zone, and try some other genres than dance. PM me if you happen to conjure something up that you think'll catch my ear :D

Man I really like that panflute lol

ShootingStar responds:

Haha alrighty! Thanks for the review!

ShootingStar

Fruity Mix! Fruity Mix!

well let's see...

To tell you the truth i'm not too sure what you're trying to get at with this song... It sounds like you made the song to learn the program ^^; A lot of it, if not all of it sounds like presets for the 3x oscillator (kick), loops (the synth), and vocals... i like that you're trying though, keep at it ^^;

unfortunately, Newgrounders are gonna pick you apart and make you implode then explode for using presets. To be honest I would rather hear bad music than repetitious loops and such, cuz i'm not hearing your raw creativity. so +6 for having an ear for smooth tones and beats. -4 for no creativity. 6/10

Keep goin' ^^

DJFilteredFantasy responds:

lol unfortunately i just really wanted to use the presets because i like them, so i used them. I have another 3 songs like this, just preset songs.
I've been too tired to make my own real songs. same with tonight. but i'll try as much as possible

Crossing Stars Crossing Stars

This is very nicely written :D

I love the adventuresome feel to it, and the quality of the instruments are top notch.

The only things that could use some work is the melody line, it seems a little repetitive (though i /am/ tired, so it could just be exhaustion), and the fact that your ending chord clips, that kinda upsetted me :\

Otherwise, great job, it's nice to see a few fresh new faces on NGs :]

What is Love? Orchestra Remix What is Love? Orchestra Remix

Nice!

I'm a sucker for orchestra :P So this is probably a bit biased.

But i really liked it, the instruments you chose caught the essence of the original quite well. The only downside that I'd fix is the tam tam. I was expecting something a bit higher in frequency.

The use of the trem strings was beautiful. Kudos good sir.

Now if only you can find an acapella to put on top of this :P

So did you do this by ear?

Theledge93 responds:

yep yep! it was a bit of a pain though. some of the notes sounded like they fit, but when i listened to the original, they were off.

Orchestral Sunshine Orchestral Sunshine

Like the sims

Dude I really like this. It's so simple an playful!

It makes smile a little xD

Y'know the songs in The Sims 2? Ya, here ya go.

The only little tidbit that needs to be changed is the bass drum... It sounds muddy, ever look up Roland Orchestral?

OHBOYHAPPY

gratz, it's favorited. I might do some remix work with it too, lol so I'll send a PM, we've got the same soundfonts. So no worries about compatibility C:

Theledge93 responds:

FUCK YES!

{B.A.B.} Warrior's Quest {B.A.B.} Warrior's Quest

Been looking through your stuffz

I like the intro, definitely a great build to something epic.

Let's see, when you do the flute or piccolo trill, make sure you do a lot of dynamic changes, (e.g. fade in/out), otherwise it kinda sounds like a telephone. I do like this though, don't get me wrong, makes it sound like some kind of spy cinematic.

The choir soundfont you used, i'm not too fond of it. It sounds too MIDIish. Which isn't bad, considering it is.

Another thing.... are you using the Faithless Pizzicato soundfont? It's not too good for live intents. I could be wrong though.

Everything else is good, I like the tempo rate and how it rolls along, I'm definitely fond of the chordial structure.

Everything else is beautiful C:

blackattackbitch responds:

Much thanks on the advice for the flute trill, I'll definitely keep that in mind for my future pieces. I did do fade ins and outs on the flutes, but I'll make sure to articulate them better.

The choir was actually papelmedia, believe it or not. I should have EQed it a bit haha.

Actually I had never heard of the Faithless Pizzicato soundfont, in fact I don't believe I used pizzicatos on this song, even though I have the squidfont samples at my disposal.

You might be thinking of the cello staccatos at the end, or the dbass staccatos. I avoided pizzicato sounds because I felt that they weren't powerful enough.

Thanks for the review, I love getting feedback! Glad you checked out my song!

-Sunset Island- -Sunset Island-

Reflective

A simple, beautiful piece. Perfect for reflections. When listening to this song, I see a sun setting on orange hued waters. Perfect name choice! You nailed it right on.

I can almost guarantee this is gonna get up there on the NG ranks real quick :P

Flawless,

5/5 and favorited!

-Aeris

ChrisisD responds:

wow! thanks!! I really hope it gets on the charts real fast :P Well I find it really nice that nearly everyone loves it! Thanks for the review!!
Cheerio!!